silly

silly

Friday, October 29, 2010

Georgia on my mind

Today on the way home from class, I was listening to Michael Buble's rendition of the song "Georgia on my Mind." Maybe it was because I was tired and therefore easily moved, but whatever the reason, this moment brought tears to my eyes and I felt I had to share it.

I guess I have always just assumed I would go back and live in Georgia someday and live happily ever after. I haven't thought much about it since recent changes in my life the past couple years.

I have married the man of my dreams and we are perfectly happy here in Utah. We live close to his family. My family has moved from Georgia to Vegas and are only a half days drive away. In other words, I have no reason to go back to Georgia to live. I will likely never get to live there again.







This realization hit me hard. Don't get me wrong, I love my life right where I am. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful family and wonderful in laws. I am married to a man who is better than I could have ever dreamed of. It is just a hard thing to realize that the place you have always and still consider your home is no longer obtainable. This makes me sad, but I accept it. I will be happy no matter where I live because I have Mitch, and someday we will have kids of our own.
I guess this is my official good bye to Georgia. I will miss the moisture in the air, trees everywhere, Stone Mountain, the Georgia rainstorms, heat lightning, Chickfilas by the plenty, the Georgia Aquarium, the green hills, the hot summers, the winding roads, lightning bugs, Wafflehouse, boiled peanuts, Lake Lanier, being 4 hours away from awesome beaches and warm nights.
Just an old sweet song keeps Georgia on my mind...

4 comments:

  1. oh! That's sweet and sad all at once. I think that makes it bitter-sweet. You never know what the future will hold...maybe not Georgia, but maybe somewhere else. There's always MBA school. But for now, we are glad you are here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't know me, but I knew Mitch from his mission. You did meet and marry a fantastic guy! I cannot think of anyone more goofy, more fun. Congrats on a great catch!
    I am sure that he considers himself the lucky one. - Derek Hayden

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know how you feel Tiffany! I miss home a lot too...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know exactly what you mean. I feel like I go through that almost once a week haha. I love GA but my whole family almost is here, and so is Ryan's so here we are!

    ReplyDelete