silly

silly

Monday, May 9, 2011

Kimmy's Wedding

Saturday was the big day, Kimmy's wedding! It was a very great day...75 degrees and sunny! The next day it was cold and rainy and it has been so ever since! She got lucky!

The night before our family and Eric's family met at Olive Garden and had dinner together.

She got married at the Timpanogous Temple and that of course was a really great experience. Her luncheon was at The Gathering Place in Gardener Village and it was amazing. It was very elegant and the food was good. I had to give a speech (toast) and I was crazy nervous but ended up doing ok. Eric also sang to her there and played the piano. It was very romantic. Her reception was at the Old Meeting House in Holladay. The decorations were so pretty and there was an endless buffet of different kinds of cheese cake and fruit! (What more could you ask for?) Her colors were Yellow and Grey. So, that means I got to wear yellow shoes!

I didn't take many pictures, I just let the photographer get them and I may post some once Kimmy gets them. For now, here is a picture of the Bride and Groom at their luncheon, with her beautiful bouquet on display.


Mitch and I just went through this a year and a half ago, but it was nice to experience it from a different perspective. Romance was in the air and Mitch and I reminisced about our own wedding experience.
It was also amazing how much of a bonding experience it was for our whole family. Even with Jeremy gone, big family events like this just tie the whole family together. I am so thankful to be a part of such a wonderful family.

Sunday on Mother's day, we got to talk to Jeremy! He is doing great, and it was good to physically talk to him. It makes me miss him more but makes me so proud of him at the same time.
Nathan submits his own mission papers in less than a month! I am so proud of Nathan as well and what a great young man he has become!

My family rocks!!


No comments:

Post a Comment